Thursday, November 11, 2010

November 11 - A Day to Say Thanks






To Those Who Have Served or are Serving our Country,

I realize that for the majority of you, your service goes unsung. That while you gave of yourselves for the freedom I enjoy, too few of you receive the honor you're due. That you bear the scars of your sacrifice. So, on this Veteran's Day, I want to say thank you. Thank you for putting your life on the line not only for our country but for her citizens yet unborn. Forgive us for taking our freedom for granted. For not treasuring the gift you gave us. You are my heros.







*As I was looking for images to add to this post, I kept coming back to this gentleman. The photo is circa 1982. He is Joseph Ambrose, a then 86-year-old WWI vet. He holds the flag that covered the casket of his son, who was killed in the Korean War. (source: wikipedia, photo public domain.)

No comments:

Post a Comment