Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Gratitude

The other day, I stumbled on Ann Voskamp's blog "Holy Experience" after Sally mentioned it on "I Take Joy." She has started a gratitude community, and I love the concept so decided to join her call to thankfulness. I have been feeling burdened and alone lately (another post bouncing around in my brain along such lines) and her reminder to focus on God's endless blessings was much needed. She suggests to set a time goal of listing 1000 thankfulnesses. My goal is the end of September ... I write that with trepidation that I may not make it but my attitude could use the challenge. So, to begin with a bang, here are my first ten ...

1. Summer blue skies and temperatures above 70!
2. Helpful kiddos
3. Strawberries with homemade ice cream
4. Allergy medicine! :-)
5. My husband's job
6. My husband!
7. Kid #1
8. Kid #2
9. Kid #3
10. Haircuts

holy experience

No comments:

Post a Comment